This Study Jams! Simple Machines lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Here is a tri-faceted resource that has a slide show, a quiz, and a vocabulary list that you can use to teach simple machines. Six machines are introduced: wheels and axles, planes, levers, pulleys, wedges, and screws. Slides contain photos of people using the simple machines in a variety of interesting situations. Explanations are printed beneath each slide.
- Hip instrumental music and moving slides draw interest to the quality photographs
- Option to turn music off or print out the slides as a handout
- An interactive quiz and vocabulary definitions are available on the website
- A very minor problem to note: axle is misspelled on the main page introduction