This Surface Area and Volume lesson plan also includes:
Partners use materials to wrap three-dimensional objects to determine the formula for surface area. The groups use an orange to calculate the amount of peel it takes to completely cover the fruit. Using manipulatives, individuals then figure out the formulas for volume.
- Consider doing the Making Nets activity sheet before Finding the Formulas
- Pupils should know how to calculate areas
- Requires several materials such as oranges, milk cartons, wax paper, unit cubes, etc.
- Contains hands-on activities to discover formulas
- Includes questions to be used as assessments
- The Exploring Volumes Activity is not included