This Sustainability and Extinction lesson plan also includes:
Galapagos Penguins are the only penguins on earth that live north of the equator (in the wild). In this last lesson a discussion on how the Galapagos islands developed their populations and diversity sparks the introduction. Two activities build on these concepts before a visit to a conservatory center and a research project.
- When students create the board game, ensure they are thoughtful about what pieces are sustainable rather than plastic
- Requires prior knowledge of the three previous lessons in the series
- Offers an additional activity to create a board game
- Provides videos, links, and references
- Includes many differentiation and extension ideas to retain student interest