How many things does one transformation tell you? Learners compare and contrast the graphs of different parent functions with the same transformation. Using a rational and absolute value function, pupils identify key features of their graphs and make conclusions about their symmetry.
- Incorporate as a lesson opener when studying transformations of functions
- Use graphing calculators or similar technology to graph the functions for comparison
- Expects a basic familiarity with graphs of different types of functions
- The answer key provides explanations and key points to make
- Presents an open-ended question with many solution methods