This Teach the Vote lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Why is voting important? A social studies unit presents a non-partisan approach to the importance of voting, to voting laws and procedures, and to resources that voters need to become informed voters.
50 Views 45 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have groups investigate a ballot measure or candidate and evaluate the veracity of the claims, the counter claims, and the rhetorical devices used in the ads
- A protocol must be in place to insure the safe, respectful discussion of controversial issues and candidates
- It doesn't need to be an election year to include these lessons in your curriculum
- The 10-page packet includes links to non-partisan websites with information about voter registration, voter turnout, and youth involvement in voting