This Teach This Poem: "November 2: Día De Los Muertos" By Alberto Ríos lesson plan also includes:
Scholars examine a colorful and detailed picture, then view an engaging video in preparation for reading the poem "November 2: Día De Los Muertos" by Alberto Ríos. Learners discuss their observations, feelings conveyed, and the importance of the holiday. Middle and High schoolers go on to research and write about Día De Los Muertos.
- Conduct the lesson during Día De Los Muertos—November 1-2—or Hispanic Heritage Month—September 15-October 15
- For remote participants or homework, assign questions on a classroom blog post that pupils can respond
- The second of 21 lessons that spotlight a variety of poems
- Requires projection, internet access, and audio
- The video will hook learners' attention
- Provides a link to give background information about the holiday