This Teach This Poem: “One day is there of the series” by Emily Dickinson lesson plan also includes:
A instructional activity begins with learners saying three words they associate with Thanksgiving dinner. They examine a picture of a menu from a Thanksgiving meal and discuss what they believe the artist wants them to feel, pointing out details. Small groups gather to read the poem "One day is there of the series" by Emily Dickinson. They discuss their observations and interpretations and ask questions.
- Plan the lesson around the Thanksgiving holiday
- Gather other poems by Emily Dickinson for class members to browse when time permits
- Lower grades will need more assistance; use dictation or whole group list-making for the earliest writers
- Requires internet access and projection
- The poem is read twice to enhance comprehension