This Teaching the Vietnam War with Primary Sources from the New York Times lesson plan also includes:
Use the New York Times database of primary sources to teach a unit on the Vietnam War. The resource consists of a variety of primary sources as well as a lesson plan showcasing how to teach a instructional activity using them. Pupils analyze the sources and share their observations with the class for discussion.
- Work with the English Language Arts department to develop an interdisciplinary study on the importance of communication and journalism during the Vietnam War
- Suggests viewing all images beforehand and filtering which to use for the class
- Make sure learners possess an understanding of primary source analysis before beginning
- Includes a handy worksheet to use for primary source analysis
- The lesson plan effectively scaffolds learning