This Teaching Word Meaning Synonyms, Antonyms, and Analogies lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Strengthen and enhance your class's vocabulary with a guided instructional activity on word relationships. Focusing on synonyms and antonyms, the instructional activity demonstrates ways to compare and define different words, including word analogies and thesaurus skills.
- Use in a literacy center with small groups
- Encourage young readers to come up with their own analogies, using vocabulary words from a book you are reading in class or their weekly vocabulary lists
- Most of the packet works best as a presentation, with the last page serving as a good individual activity (either projected or printed out)
- Encourages learners to think critically about word choice and reference tools
- Comes with practice pages to reinforce the skills covered in the lesson