This Temperature and Reaction Rate interactive also includes:
Does increasing temperature increase the rate of a chemical reaction? Junior chemists examine the effects of temperature on reaction rate using an engaging interactive. Pupils select the temperature of the reaction vessel, then observe the amount of time it takes for the reaction to move toward completion.
- Pass out graph paper and instruct the class to create a graph of temperature versus time to reaction completion
- Incorporate the interactive into a reaction rates lesson that examines factors that affect chemical reactions
- Arrange for time in your school's computer lab or library to complete the interactive
- Conduct a brief review of the concept of reaction rate before assigning the resource
- Users can adjust temperature to a variety of temperatures between low and high
- Students can easily monitor the reaction's progress using the percentage-based scale within the interactive