This Testing for Gases interactive also includes:
If most gases are invisible, how do we know so much about them? Pupils practice associating the name, formula, testing method, and outcome for four common gases using an interactive. Users build on the content of their first puzzles to solve others in the same series.
- Perform the tests as a short series of demonstrations, then have the class work on the interactive
- Have early finishers select a different puzzle set from the Level menus at the top of the screen to learn more about the noble gases
- Learners should have some foreknowledge of chlorine, hydrogen, oxygen, and carbon dioxide gases before beginning the task
- Print a copy of the answer key to take with you to the computer lab for reference
- The Teacher's Area contains the printable versions of the puzzles, as well as a handy answer key
- Resource is particularly good for helping students differentiate between hydrogen gas and oxygen gas in terms of flammability