Why do people get so sleepy after eating big meals? Using a fun video about Thanksgiving food, learners explore turkey and the other foods common to Thanksgiving meals. They learn how deep frying a turkey changes the way it cooks as part of an introduction to convection. To better understand its dietary makeup, individuals discover tryptophan as well as carbohydrates, fats, and proteins and which one is the true culprit behind Thanksgiving sleepiness.
- Use as a fun video near Thanksgiving to introduce macromolecules or the digestive system
- Hook interest by showing the video, then have pupils compare their typical Thanksgiving meals to see what macromolecules were in their diet
- Not all pupils may celebrate Thanksgiving
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Real-life application adds interest and engagement
- Contains fun and interesting facts