Why Lesson Planet?
Show your young scholars how to make their work easier. The first lesson in a series of 10 introduces the class to work and the way simple machines can be make work easier. The simple machines scholars can find in everyday items are inclined plane, screw, wedge, lever, wheel-and-axle, and pulley. The activity sets up for a discussion on the idea of mechanical advantage to be investigated deeper in subsequent lessons.
- Provide opportunities for the class to calculate with the work equation
- Find videos of the six simple machines and how they work
- Preview how to calculate the mechanical advantage of the six simple machines presented in the lesson
- The plan contains a vocabulary and simple machine list along with definitions
- The assessment section provides four different assessment methods
- The plan does not lay out a clear instructional path
- Axle is misspelled in the listing of simple machines