Get ready for the big storm with a vocabulary activity! Using a word bank and context clues, young learners fill in the blanks in a passage about a day at the park that leads to stormy weather.
49 Views 32 Downloads
- Include in a language arts packet or homework assignment
- Have kids write about a time they had to prepare for a storm, using the same words at the bottom of the page
- Some words are interchangeable; if kids have different answers, conduct a discussion for them to decide which word is most appropriate
- Vocabulary words are challenging but applicable to any language arts lesson
- Encourages kids to hone their context clues skills