This The Common Civil War Soldier lesson plan also includes:
If it were possible to step back in time, what would learners want to know about the Civil War? With the aid of discussion prompts, they now have that chance. Invite a Civil War re-enactor to your classroom and have all their questions answered by a battlefield expert!
- Use discussion questions to stimulate conversation between class members and a Civil War re-enactor
- Ask pupils to draw what they saw, using prompts for guidance, or write a letter home from the war
- Provide re-enactor with the questions before the visit
- Lesson plan requires the visit of a Civil War re-enactor
- Lesson gives ideas of what to ask if you or your young scholars are stumped
- Resource makes suggestions on topics to cover