This The Earth as a Magnet lesson plan also includes:
Everyone loves playing with magnets and iron filings. Here, young scientists first observe and then participate in an activity demonstrating magnetic fields. After completing their observations, they apply this knowledge to understand the Earth's magnetic fields.
- Extend the activity by having individuals use a variety of magnets to compare/contrast
- Prior knowledge of forces and motion, as well as the ability to make and record observations, required
- Lesson is written for guest scientist visiting the classroom but is applicable to any science teacher
- Activity allows students to experience magnetic fields
- Worksheet includes written instructions and diagrams of how to set up and perform activity
- No answer key provided