The Election of 1912: an election with four competitive opponents. Pupils get to know the candidates with informative reading passages that provide context to the election. Then, the class engages in a debate and answers questions as one of the candidates to show what they know.
- Extend learning by asking scholars to manage a social media profile of one of the candidates from the Election of 1912
- Flip the class by assigning some of the readings as homework
- Amount of reading time varies depending on literacy level of your class members
- Learners better understand the intensity of debate by engaging in their own
- Includes comprehension questions to test for learning