This The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen's Guild Dramatic Society's Production of "A Christmas Carol": Study Guide activity & project also includes:
What could be better than a play within a play? A study guide for "The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen's Guild Dramatic Society's Production of 'A Christmas Carol'" has theater-goers share their thoughts on the comedic adaptation of Charles' Dickens classic tale. Information within the guide includes a summary of the play and its characters, as well as details about the history of the classic text and post-performance lesson plan, which involves writing an adaptation of the tale.
- Read another short story by Charles Dickens and compare the style with "The Pair of Gloves" included in the guide
- Watch a video version of "A Christmas Carol" listed in the supplemental resources section and ask similar questions to those in the lesson plan
- Additional standards appear on the cover page of the study guide
- Lesson plan appears in a standard format, including detailed objectives and step-by-step instructions
- Offers both pre- and post-performance activities
- Teachers may have difficulty accessing the performance referenced in the guide