This The Football Team worksheet also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Playing team sports is about more than just scoring the most goals or winning the most games. Read this passage with your class and learn how athletes build character as members of a team. When finished, individuals identify the main idea and supporting details of the text to practice writing summaries. Extend the activity by discussing comparisons between athletes on a team and students in a class, looking at different ways children develop character at school.
- Text includes clear examples that demonstrate how playing football builds character
- Using sports to teach about character traits engages students in learning
- Requires supplemental instruction about character traits and moral values
- Reading passage includes short, fragmented sentence structure