Fake nails are one thing ... but fake meat? Agricultural scholars explain how they can fake steak in an engaging video from the American Chemical Society's Reactions playlist. The narrator sets the stage by discussing the amount of livestock needed to meet the world's food demands, then follows up with cutting-edge food science research.
- The video adds a great perspective to climate change and population lessons
- Follow up with a look at how fake meat production has grown since the video was created
- Discuss stem cells before watching to ensure pupils understand their importance
- The video gives detailed information on the appearance, texture, taste, and smell of artificial meat products
- Narrator uses startling facts and figures about livestock production and human population growth to convey the importance of the science