Guide your class through the imagery of Lois Lowry's The Giver with a peaceful meditative experience. After you create a serene environment in your class, read through a provided script in which kids sift through their favorite memories in a world without war or pain.
- Turn off the lights and let kids rest their heads on their desks, possibly with quiet music playing in the background
- Have kids connect their meditative experience with the novel, once they have begun to read the relevant parts
- Does not provide an assessment, but does include a reflection assignment
- Helpful for kids who have a hard time connecting to the text
- A relaxing way to ease learners into your novel unit