This The History of the Barometer (and How It Works) video also includes:
What started out as a simple experiment about vacuums, turned into one of the most useful tools for predicting weather. Learn about the circumstances surrounding the invention of the barometer and the scientific principals that it is based on with this short instructional video.
- Supplement this video into an earth science lesson series on air pressure
- Have students analyze air pressure data and identify correlations with observable weather patterns
- Assign this video as homework in your flipped classroom, discussing the video and exploring the use of barometers in the following lesson
- Animations and clear diagrams are used to explain how barometers measure air pressure
- Includes a short assessment with five multiple choice and three free-response questions
- Allows teachers the ability to develop customized lessons based around the video