This The Impact of the Immigration Act of 1924 interactive also includes:
Welcome to America ... only if you're on an approved list. The activity uses a map to explain how the Immigration Act of 1924 placed quotas on immigration from certain countries, such as India. Scholars analyze the map, complete a worksheet, and participate in group discussion to understand what events were taking place that helped shape the legislation.
- Compare the Immigration Act of 1924 to the Chinese Exclusion Act
- Discuss the impact of the immigration quotas on refugees from World War I
- Students complete a portion of the activity online
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Activity is great to complete in pairs or individually
- The resource includes background information to help educators explain the significance of the image