This The Last Time the Globe Warmed video also includes:
Global warming ... greenhouse gases ... climate change ... sounds familiar, right? What about palm trees in Wyoming, or swimming in the sea near Antarctica? Science scholars discover the unbearable conditions Earth experienced during its last warming period, as well as the reasons behind the changes. The video, part of an extensive playlist, relates the conditions to the massive extinction of marine species in most areas of the world.
- The video makes a unique addition to a climate change lesson or Ice Age unit
- Pair up pupils and send them on a mission to discover more about the Arctic rainforests on NOAA's Climate website
- Make a small timeline on the board so viewers can keep it in perspective as they watch the video
- The narrator is very engaging throughout the video
- Fossil samples and carbon dating data help support the explanations of warming and cooling on Earth