This The Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza lesson plan also includes:
Make a study of producers and consumers with an updated version of the classic story The Little Red Hen (this one is called The Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza). After reading and discussing the story and terms, learners practice being producers and consumers and complete an assessment.
- Use this lesson during a unit based around economic terms or as an introduction to bartering and money
- Have kids produce and consume additional items for further practice
- You will need to buy or borrow a copy of The Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza by Philemon Sturges
- Note that this resource does come with a presentation, but it is for an interactive whiteboard; if you don't have one, it's not essential to the plan
- Comes with all the materials you need: printables, the assessment and answer key, discussion questions, etc.
- Answers to the discussion questions are written alongside the questions in the plan
- Cross-curricular plan combines language arts and economics