This The Lowdown — The Math of Trash: Percents and Proportions video also includes:
Don't toss the lesson in the trash. Scholars watch an informative, up-to-date video that discusses how percents and proportions help clarify data about trash, recycling, and climate change. They consider their own trash output and create a pie chart to display the information to complete the installment of The Lowdown: Real-World Math series.
- Team up with a science teacher for the lesson
- Learners should have experience with percents and pie charts
- Activity requires colored pencils or markers
- Lists some discussion prompts to use with the class
- Provides a pie chart template