This The Making of the Fittest: Got Lactase? The Co-evolution of Genes and Culture video also includes:
- Got Lactase? Blood Glucose Data Analysis
- Film Guides: Got Lactase? The Co-evolution of Genes and Culture
- Milk—How Sweet Is It?
- Diet and the Evolution of Salivary Amylase
- Pedigrees and the Inheritance of Lactose Intolerance
- Lactose Intolerance: Fact or Fiction
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
Got milk? Only two cultures have had it long enough to develop the tolerance of lactose as an adult. Learn how the responsible genes evolved along with the cultures that have been consuming milk. This rich film is supplied with a few in-depth lesson plans and hands-on activities to use with your biology classes when studying natural selection or heredity.
- Resources are ideal for use as a flipped classroom lesson
- Computer animations display the process of lactase acting on lactose
- The video is well made and will easily captivate viewers
- Supports Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards (Open individual lessons for specific standards)
- High quality film guides, lesson plans, and laboratory activities are provided