This The Need for Programming Languages lesson plan also includes:
LEGO see if you can recreate my design. Individuals build an arrangement from LEGO blocks and write directions for someone else to follow in order to recreate the arrangement. Pairs then swap directions and try to replicate the original design. The lesson concludes with a video that encourages pupils to learn how to program.
- To create more of a challenge, restrict the words that can be used in the algorithm by providing a word list
- The primary activity uses six LEGO blocks per pupil
- Pairs that will be trading directions should not be able to see each other's original design
- The lesson has an alternative activity that does not require LEGO blocks
- The activity guides contain reflection questions