What is the opposite of a gun? A classroom grapples with the complex question in Brendan Constantine's poem, "The Opposites Game." Using the resource, viewers watch an animated interpretation of the poem to discover how the poem's characters attempt to answer the question.
- Have small groups develop a list of questions they would ask the poem's author
- Invite scholars to write a poem in a similar style
- 9th episode from season one of the There's a Poem for That playlist
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Captivating graphics keep students engaged
- Includes a link to an interview with the poet