This The Orange Game–Routing and Deadlock in Networks activity & project also includes:
How is data able to move in a congested network? Groups simulate moving data around a congested network by passing fruit around a circle, following specific rules, until everyone ends up with their own fruit. Extension activities include changing up the size and orientation of the network.
- Use different color balls to make it easier to see where each ball must go
- Have the groups pass the fruit with two or three empty hands
- Needs several balls or pieces of fruit
- Pictures on the website provide ideas for alternative ways to do the activity
- The video provides a visual explanation of how to perform the activity