This The Power of Graphene lesson plan also includes:
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
To prepare for the activity, STEM classes read about nanotechnology and the amazing properties of graphene. They collect a graphene sample from pencils, and then connect them into simple circuits to determine whether it makes a better conductor or insulator. Note that although Next Generation standards are listed for primary grades, this activity is best suited for upper-elementary science classes.
- Incorporates everyday materials into a terrific technology lesson
- Reading material supports Common Core State Standards
- Next Generation Science Standards are addressed for engineering and technology
- Fosters teamwork and self-analysis