This The Price of Personal Responsibility lesson plan also includes:
A reading of Patrick Henry's "Speech in the Virginia Convention," Henry David Thoreau's "Civil Disobedience," and Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "Letter from Birmingham Jail" launch a discussion about the price one is willing to pay to endure liberty and justice for all. After the discussion, individuals craft a personal response to the central question.
- Flip the lesson asking class members to read and respond to the materials out of class before returning for small group and then whole-class discussions
- The sixth in a series of 17 related resources tied to a visit to the Museum of Tolerance
- Appropriate for language arts as well as social studies classes, the activity need not be tied to a visit to the museum
- The two-page packet includes discussion questions and writing prompts
- The essays are not included in the resource packet; however, links are attached