Here, dog lovers can enjoy an educational lesson about the ways puppies are trained to become service and guide dogs. Based on The Right Dog for the Job by Dorothy Hinshaw Patent, the lesson provides discussion questions for learners interested in a service dog's path to helping people.
- Use in a unit about jobs for animals, the ways that people with disabilities communicate with the world, or overcoming adversity
- Send the story home for reading with parents and discussion in class
- Comes with activities to complete before and after reading
- Provides context for the need for service dogs and guide dogs, prompting kids to empathize with others
- Questions are comprehension and recall level only