This The Rise of the Nazi Party lesson plan also includes:
Understanding how Hitler became the dictator of Germany prior to World War II era seems complicated, but a timeline detailing the events simplifies the process. Learners comprehend how a democracy easily shifts to a dictatorship with activities that include paraphrasing, group work, presenting information to the class, and writing in their reflective journals.
- Differentiate for English learners with instructions to draw pictures along with each event in their timeline
- Suggests beginning a journal that pupils use throughout the series
- Includes a suggested reading list
- Engages learners at their levels with an opening activity before the main activities
- Breaks down difficult concepts and events into easily understandable chunks