This The Summer Fun Summer Learning Dance Unit unit also includes:
- Summer Fun Summer Learning Program Student Journal
- Teacher Reference
- Join to access all included materials
Summer slide. Alas, not a term synonymous with a type of sliding board, summer slide refers to the fact that learning slips during summer break, especially in the areas of spelling and math facts. Enrich summer break with a program designed to engage young people, to promote family literacy, and to combat summer slide. The first in the series of five units focuses on fun dance activities.
- Present the series to existing community groups and/or summer school programs and encourage them to become involved
- Preview the entire series to determine if appropriate for your learning situation
- The first in a series of five packets of summer enrichment programs designed to combat "summer slide"
- The series is designed by the National Center for Family Literacy (NCFL) and The Salvation Army to promote family literacy
- The five-week units are divided into daily two-hour block periods
- The 44-page packet includes step-by-step directions for the activities
- Parent support activities are also included
- A table of contents makes it easy to find specific activities