This The Supreme Court and the Lives of American Women 1908-2005 lesson plan also includes:
While Roe v. Wade and the passage of the Nineteenth Amendment often get top billing in women's history, other lesser-known laws impact their daily lives. Pupils research cases such as Planned Parenthood v. Casey and use a jigsaw model to explore the issues in each Supreme Court case, weighing the decisions' impacts on women.
- Research important cases that have affected women's lives
- Present findings to the rest of the class
- Some court cases involve topics such as abortion and contraception
- Activity explores unique aspects of court history that are relevant to daily life
- Lesson links to a variety of resources that are easy to adapt