This The Supreme Court: Define and Classify the Powers Associated with Federalism lesson plan also includes:
Federalism may sound to some like one, big vocabulary word ... but it is much more than that. A short video introduces class members to the powers associated with the Supreme Court and its role in balancing the powers under federalism.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Assign learners to relate what they learned about federalism to the government system today through a PowerPoint presentation
- Differentiate for English learners by providing them with fill-in-the-blank notes for the movie
- Requires some prep work, such as finding a copy of the Articles of Confederation, downloading a QuickTime video, and writing focus statements on the board
- Supplies many questions to create an engaged class discussion
- Provides an answer key to the handout