This The Supreme Court: Liberty of Contract lesson plan also includes:
How did the Supreme Court apply the Fourteenth Amendment to cases involving working people? Learn all about labor rights in a resource that focuses on the liberty of contract and protections for workers. Scholars complete handouts that guide them during the video, participate in a class activity relating to the minimum wage, and engage in discussion.
- Ensure learners have prior knowledge of the Industrial Revolution and Depression Era by quizzing them and checking for understanding before beginning the lesson
- Requires downloading and presenting two QuickTime videos
- Takes some prep work to create and post signs as well as distribute a handout
- Supplies answers to discussion questions
- Helps high schoolers build critical thinking skills