This The Supreme Court: The Importance of Precedent in the Decisions of the Supreme Court lesson plan also includes:
People often hear the words precedent and Supreme Court together, but why? A resource on the Supreme Court includes a variety of discussion questions, handouts that guide young historians, a video about Nixon and the court system, and methods to check for understanding, such as examples given by pairs working together.
- Extend learning by going over more Supreme Court cases that used precedent
- Requires the ability to present video and Internet access
- Takes some prep work to print and distribute handouts
- Effectively puts the scholars into a situation where they easily understand the vocabulary word precedent
- Includes possible answers for the discussion questions