This The Types of Clouds and What They Mean activity also includes:
Learn to forecast the weather using cloud types. Budding meteorologists identify cloud types and learn to use a dichotomous key. As scholars develop observation and identification skills, they discover how different cloud types cause weather changes by using charts with information about each cloud type. Optional materials, such as thermometers and barometers, allow investigators to collect additional data for discussion.
- With nonreaders and early readers, complete as a whole group activity, reading the dichotomous key aloud and polling young observers during the activity
- Present images of vocabulary to class members before taking groups outside
- Requires advance preparation and materials collection
- Includes ideas to extend learning
- Provides information for students to collect weather data to share with the GLOBE program