Our differences aren't meant to divide us! Use Hans Christian Andersen's classic tale "The Ugly Duckling" to reinforce the concept that appearances don't define someone's character, and that there is always somewhere where we belong.
52 Views 29 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Pass out the worksheets as warm-up activities during a story-themed unit
- Have learners act out the story or watch a short video version
- Does not include a copy of the story, but several versions are available online
- Based on the stage production, but most of the activities can work independently from the play
- Activities address multiple subjects, including math, life science, social studies, and language arts
RL.K.1 RL.K.2 RL.K.3 W.K.2 W.K.8 SL.K.2 L.K.1.a L.K.2.a L.K.6 RL.1.1 RL.1.2 RL.1.3 W.1.3 L.1.1.a L.1.2.a L.1.6 RL.2.1 RL.2.2 RL.2.3 W.2.3 SL.2.2 L.2.1.a L.2.2.a L.2.6 RL.3.1 RL.3.2 RL.3.3 W.3.3.a SL.3.2 L.3.1.a L.3.2.a L.3.6 RL.4.7 RL.4.9 W.4.3.a L.4.1.a L.4.2.a L.4.6 RL.5.3 RL.5.9 L.5.1.a L.5.2.a L.5.6