This The Women of Congress Speak Their Mind lesson plan also includes:
A picture may be worth a thousand words but words can tell a wealth of stories. To conclude their study of the women who have served in the US Congress until 2006, groups analyze statements made by these remarkable women.
5 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Attach the quotations to the previously constructed museum display of congresswomen
- Extend the lessons and have groups research and create displays for congresswomen who have served from 2006 to the present
- The resource is the last in a series of seven that research the contributions of congresswomen from 1917–2006
- The packet includes a quotation analysis worksheet
- The series concludes with 2006; however, another lesson focusing on women who have served since 2006 could be added