This The Wonder of Words presentation also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
If your language arts students think etymology isn't relevant to their everyday lives, show them a presentation that will prove them wrong! The slideshow provides explanation about various words, roots, and suffixes that have adapted in modern English.
- Invite learners to create their own presentations that examine how one prefix or suffix can change several root words, or that explore the entomology of various words
- Use during a vocabulary unit on Greek and Latin roots
- Presentation is 65 slides long; consider scheduling it over several class periods
- Slides are engaging and easy to read
- Discusses both older and more modern examples of etymology