This Titanic Survivors: One Ship, Two Different Worlds interactive also includes:
Scholars explore claims from two Titanic survivors, a first-class passenger and a person from the steerage class. The activity uses primary documents to help pupils determine whether the White Star Line showed preferential treatment to the first-class survivors. Academics also complete a worksheet and participate in group discussion.
- Compare the treatment of first-class passengers to the steerage class during the disaster
- Discuss the reasons that few passengers were rescued
- Must complete a portion of the activity online
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Activity can be completed in pairs or groups
- Easy to pair the resource with a unit on the twentieth century or social class divisions