This To Sign or Not to Sign interactive also includes:
To sign or not to sign, that is the question. Scholars review the Declaration of Independence and discuss the Framers' decisions for signing the document. The activity uses primary text, a worksheet, and group discussion to help academics understand the impact behind signing and why some chose not to.
- Have learners read experts from the Founding Fathers sharing their reasons for signing the Declaration of Independence
- Take a vote to gauge if pupils would sign the document or not
- A portion of the activity is completed online
- Activity is great for remote learning
- The resource includes a follow-up activity if time allows