Explore translations of functions on both the graph and equation. Using a quadratic function, a video lesson shows how adding and subtracting values results in either a vertical or horizontal translation. The lesson compares and contrasts the two types of translations in both the function and on the graph.
- Use the examples in the summary at the end as the notes for the lesson
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework; save class time for practice
- Requires a strong understanding of function notation
- Strong use of visual representations
- Pauses to give pupils time to think before presenting an answer