Who said staying predictable is a bad thing? Translation follows a predictable four-step process. Scholars view a summary of each step with a breakdown of every detail, then examine different functions, highlighted with different colors, with a helpful animation. They observe the entire process in real time to appreciate the complexity.
- Add new vocabulary words to science journals
- Challenge students to compare each step in the translation process as a factory system for an item of their choice (cars, soda, candy, etc.)
- Relies on prior knowledge of DNA, RNA, and gene sequencing
- Designed to meet AP, IB, and NGSS standards
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes