This Trial and Improvement assessment also includes:
Try to find an estimate when the exact answer is not clear. Using the General Certificate of Secondary Education Math review resource, pupils learn how to find an estimate to a cubic equation. Class members use the trial-and-improvement method to narrow in on an estimate to the solution of the equation.
- Lead a discussion on how to determine the starting number to try
- Expects that individuals know how to evaluate a cubic expression
- Scholars should understand what it means to find a solution to an equation
- Answer key shows the expected work
- The worksheet includes application problems