This Try Your Hand at Nano lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Fascinating reading about nanotechnology, nanoscale properties, and liquid crystals precedes a fun activity for young engineers. They measure their hands in nanometers, research, and then investigate how heat effects a sheet containing liquid crystals. These sheets are similar to the material in mood rings, so consider having a few on hand to demonstrate!
- Engaging activity due to the use of easily obtainable color-changing liquid crystal sheets
- A way to introduce elementary STEM classes to nanotechnology
- Well-organized lesson plan that includes reading material and a worksheet for follow up
- Meets Next Generation Science Standards and is adaptable to Common Core State Standards