This Tsunami! lesson plan also includes:
How does the depth of an ocean affect the speed of a tsunami's waves? Use Jell-o, graham crackers, and marshmallows to model the effects of an underwater earthquake and its resulting tsunami. The activity includes hands-on activities, online portals, and group discussion for kids to truly grasp the concept of plate tectonics in several days of group experiments.
- Use with your unit on natural disasters or plate tectonics
- Have kids come up with their own models for earthquakes or tsunamis
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website.It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides both formative and summative assessments
- Creative and engaging for all levels of science learners
- Includes links to literature connections, extensions for engineering, resources for investigating and researching tsunamis, and 12 pages of printable lab sheets